Boys Referred To Our Program
- are emotionally and behaviorally disturbed
- may have experienced physical, emotional and/or sexual abuse
- are beyond parental control
- have history of delinquency, including status and non-status offenders
- have sexually challenging or sexual harming behaviors.
- have a history of fire setting
- have serious school problems, which may include inappropriate school behaviors, truancy, low academic achievement, and educational handicaps (serious emotionally disturbed and learning disabled) as specified in PL94-142 and PL101-476 (I.D.E.A.)
- are involved with drugs and alcohol
- are a potential danger to themselves and others without immediate intervention
- have a diagnosis of mental or emotional disturbance or disorder, as defined in the Statistical Manual, fourth edition of the American Psychiatric Association (DSM V)
- cannot be therapeutically maintained in the natural family or family foster care
Our professional Admissions Coordinator screens all referrals from individuals or agencies.
To Be Considered, A Boy Must
- be between the ages of 13 and 17
- have an IQ of 80 or above
Active substance use, psychosis, and boys who are actively homicidal or suicidal in the last 6 months are not accepted.
If a boy meets or general criteria for acceptance, we request the following information:
- immediate presenting problems
- juvenile court records
- medical records
- social history
- family history
- educational history
- results of psychological testing
- achievement scores
With this information, our admissions team meets with a representative of the referring agency, the youth, and his parent(s). If accepted, the boy’s name is placed on a waiting list. When admission is inappropriate, our staff recommends other agencies or individuals who can meet the boy’s needs.
To make a referral, or to obtain additional information about our program, please contact our Admissions Coordinator between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Telephone: 503-259-3138 Fax: 503-649-7405
Or e-mail: email@example.com